GroundCloud provides support to businesses contracted to provide services to FedEx Ground and Amazon including:
- Delivery Services
- Amazon DSP routes
- FedEx Ground routes
- FedEx HD routes
GroundCloud Reccomends for each route you wish to automate a supported tablet. While tablets come at an additional cost the efficiency benefit far outweighs this. The following tablets are supported:
- Apple Products
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th generation)
- iPad mini (5th and 6th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation)
- Android Tablet
- Samsung S7 FE
Note: “WiFi Only” models do not have the GPS chipsets we need for tracking.
We recommend purchasing the least memory model available since data is received and stored in the cloud. Save some money here!
Assuming you wish to have real-time fleet tracking & communications, you will also need cellular service for your iPads. Here’s some great news:
- GroundCloud will use less than 1 Gb per month of data per route (22 in-service days, 8 hours per day)
- Since these tablets are not phones, the cost for data only service is very low!
- Cellular carriers are sometimes willing to negotiate adding tablet data-only to your contract for no extra cost!
We recommend choosing the carrier with good service in your route areas.
Note: The GroundCloud app is designed to gracefully handle loss-of-network situations, storing data on the device until a network connection returns. Drivers continue to enjoy route navigation even in spotty network areas!